The 7th annual International Peace Training has begun!
Offered through Friends Peace Teams, the 7th annual International Creating Cultures of Peace Training started on Jan. 10, 2020 at Peace Place in Pati, Central Java, Indonesia. There are 45 participants from nine countries—Aotearoa/NZ, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea, Taiwan, Nepal, Russia, United Kingdom and United States—including a team of eight facilitators from six countries.
In addition to the hospitality of Peace Place, including three delicious meals a day, neighbors Subardi and Ida are very kindly hosting 14 of the participants at their house. They have also invited everyone to dinner at their house on Thursday evening.
- Some of the things that people have liked in the first couple of days are:
- Meeting people from other countries and forming new friendships
- The diversity of languages and cultures
- Playing the game Big Wind Blows and having fun and building community at the same time
- Being amazed at the diversity of the kinds of peace work being done by the great variety of participants
- Learning new knowledge and tools for peace
- How beautiful the buildings and school are here at Peace Place! The new classroom/meeting hall is very comfortable and really beautiful. We include here a photo of the inside of the roof