African Great Lakes Initiative of Friends Peace Teams Seeks Part-time Publicist-Fundraiser
This is a contracted position requiring a person who is a self-starter, a good organizer, and who can be flexible about time. We anticipate the work hours would average approximately 10 hours a week. However the workload will require much longer work hours at times and minimal hours at other times. Remuneration: $650 per month.
- Begin in June 2017
- Attend FPT’s annual Face-to-Face Meeting and PeaceQuest
- Be required to travel to Africa for approximately one month to become acquainted with AGLI’s programs in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda – travel expenses will be covered by AGLI. This will become an annual trip to stay connected with and have firsthand knowledge of the work and to develop and maintain familiarity with the staff.
- Teleconference regularly (usually monthly) with the AGLI Working Group
- Maintain AGLI’s relationship with the Friends Peace Teams Council
- Develop an annual AGLI budget in cooperation with the AGLI Coordinator
- Conduct fundraising activities
- Conduct publicity activities
- Create and maintain a new AGLI website
- have a passport;
- reside in the United States;
- commit to a minimum of two years’ service.
Applications are due by May 12, 2017.
Letter of interest and resume to Parfaite Ntahuba at email@example.com.
PS. AGLI is also searching for new volunteers and a new treasurer for its working group. Click for more info.